Wednesday 7 November 2012

Evaluation

I personally think i have achieved and done well in this project. The different types of experiments i did such as, pin hole experiments, being in the dark room and developing, tracing paper experiments and others. Some of the work that we have done has been a big challenge but I've enjoyed the challenge.
The person that really inspired me was Justin Quinnell. His a photographer that uses pin hole cameras and what he does is he put the little camera in his mouth and takes many photos of different things.
This was a very unique and interesting thing to do thats why his work grabbed my attention. For my final piece i did not use what Quinnell used.

What did you do?
The theme of the project was "Everyday life". i decided to take pictures of things around college because that is an everyday theme. I went around college and took pictures of different things such as, the buildings, people talking, the buses that the students get on and so on. i then processed my film and picked one that was in focus and was interesting. I developed the film by using the developer and used many experiments. This then helped me to know what i would like to do for my final piece.

My final piece came out with really good photos but i think i could have done better photos such as, a range of things out of college. Experimenting was a bit difficult because i had to do a various range of experimenters to know which photo i would like, especially because you have to do test strips to know how much time you should develop you photo for. However, the most enjoyable time was doing the experiments and knowing what i did wrong and what i need to change. This helped me to achieve my work and to understand some of the concepts about developing and being in the dark room. Another technique i enjoyed was the tracing paper picture when i drew a picture on to tracing paper to put it on my final piece. This makes my work look calm and have a happy theme. Its also very unique and interesting.
My Final piece is linked to the theme "Everyday" because its things around the college. College plays a big part to most teenagers as most teenagers attend college in their teenager years. My intention or ideas of my photographs was to show how college can be calm and be a "cool" place to be. I then try to encourage students to attend college and achieve something such as, a goal. The picture that represents this is when the girl 'Niaomi' is sitting at the computer desk doing her work.
If i had a chance to go back to my work i would make some changes and improvements. This would be to take pictures of different things such as, houses, local shops, shopping centres, children in the park and many more. This will then show a range of different 'Everyday' life.

Overall, i found the project interesting and different to what photographs do. This project inspired me a lot and made me want to learn more about the project and do other experiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment